You may often hire trustworthy maid services in Holly Springs, NC, to clean your living room and bathroom. After all, this is where you and your visitors spend most of the time. However, you can’t ignore the kitchen if you’re concerned about the look of your place. Each part of the room can make or break the appearance of your home, but the cabinets require the most attention.
If you’re struggling to deal with dust and dirt on your kitchen cabinets, you’ve come to the right place. We’ll give you a few tips to make the job a lot easier.
How do you get grease and grime off wood cabinets?
Cleaning your cabinets is just as important as other kitchen chores. This includes making your fridge look good as new and tackling stubborn stains on the oven. But what’s the secret to getting a spotless finish?
There are a few ways to get impeccable kitchen cabinets. Since most people have wooden units, let’s see how you can rid products of this material from grease and grime:
If you’re looking for a natural way to clean your cabinets, you can use vinegar:
- Combine equal amounts of warm water and vinegar in a spray bottle.
- Apply the solution to your cabinets.
- Let the mixture rest for 2-3 minutes and wipe the cabinets with a microfiber cloth.
- If the cabinets are extra grimy, repeat the process but add a couple of drops of dishwashing detergent into your vinegar solution.
Another option is to use olive oil and white vinegar:
- Find a 16-oz spray bottle.
- Pour 4 tablespoons of white vinegar, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, and add water to fill your bottle (around 2 cups).
- Shake the bottle to mix the ingredients.
- Spray the solution onto your cabinets and let the mixture sit for a couple of minutes. Shake the bottle before each spray to make sure the oil is mixed in.
- Scrub the cabinets with s microfiber cloth to get rid of dirt.
- Buff the surfaces to make them shine
You can again use vinegar to give your cabinets a deep cleaning. However, you’ll need to combine it with something more potent than olive oil. Here’s a great technique:
- Combine salt and vinegar into a paste.
- Dip an old toothbrush into your paste and gently scrub the cabinets. Scrubbing too hard may scratch the wood.
- Rinse your paste with water and dry the elements using a clean towel.
- If this doesn’t do the trick, put some baking soda onto a damp sponge and clean the stains. Apply it with a soft toothbrush to avoid scratching the surface.
Once you’re done cleaning, you can protect the cabinets from stains by buffing them with a mixture of vinegar and oil in equal amounts. Rub the solution into the cabinets with a soft cloth and buff until shiny.
What is the best cleaner for kitchen cabinets?
Kitchen cabinets are relatively forgiving, but you can’t use just about any cleaner. Here are the safest and most effective options:
- Regular vinegar
- Distilled white vinegar
- Olive oil
- Baking soda
What’s the most effective way to shine your kitchen cabinets? Schedule top-quality maid services in Holly Springs, NC!
Even if you’re a detail-oriented Holly Springs homeowner, finding the right approach to cleaning kitchen cabinets can be hard. Different materials require different methods. Mastering them takes time, which you’d rather spend watching your kid’s soccer game at Parrish Womble Park.
Thankfully, there’s no need to rack your brains – reach out to Dust and Mop. Our highly accomplished professionals can thoroughly clean your entire kitchen, not just the cabinets. They can remove dirt from your marble and stone countertops, scrub the fridge, and do a lot more to breathe new life into the room. Give us a call today to witness our expertise and commitment!