Customer’s Terms and Conditions
WHO: DUST AND MOP HOUSE CLEANING is an independent, locally owned, and operated cleaning company. Our employees are fully bonded and insured. And we carry full liability, workman’s compensation insurance, and all payroll taxes are paid through the local DUST AND MOP HOUSE CLEANING office as staff of the company.
- DISCOUNTED Initial Cleaning WITH RECURRING SERVICES: Our Initial Cleaning is required to be purchased with all recurring services. If you are booking recurring cleaning (weekly, bi-weekly or monthly) and a special was available to receive a discounted Initial Cleaning with the purchase of 6 consecutive recurring cleans after the initial cleaning, should you cancel prior to the 6th recurring cleaning we will charge the difference of the FULL Value of the Initial Cleaning upon cancellation. If you elect to decline to commit to 6 recurring cleanings your initial Initial Cleaning you would be charged at the full regular price. We have a 100% Quality Guarantee for services. Please read our complete terms of service in your emailed quote.
- COMMUNICATION: It is very important that you call us if you have questions or concerns about your cleaning service. We take great pride in our cleaning service and will make every reasonable effort to provide you with a highly professional cleaning service. One thing that really helps us provide you with an excellent house cleaning service is your ongoing feedback. Please give feedback after every visit to help us continually improve the quality of the service you receive.
Initial Cleaning/One-Time/Empty House/Basic If you have booked a Initial Cleaning, One Time, Basic (single or starting recurring service) or Empty House, please note that price quoted is the estimated amount (assuming your home does not have excessive buildup and with the information you have provided). If during the cleaning we feel we will not be able to complete in the estimated time frame/amount quoted, we will contact you to discuss options. We will not go above the pricing and corresponding hours without the customers consent. However, should the customer decline additional time, this would mean we would have to skip some areas of the home. All online prices are subject to final inspection of your home when your team arrives and all terms of service.
Basic: If you have booked our Basic Cleaning please note that the price quoted is the estimated amount (assuming your home does not have excessive buildup and does not need any hand wiping). If during the cleaning we feel that your home needs a deeper cleaning, we will contact you with options.
- SQUARE FOOTAGE: Is verified and pricing will be based on publicly published square feet. Home square footage is readily available on Google, Realtor and Zillow.
- TEAM: We try to send the same team to your home each week, however, we cannot guarantee it due to illness, vacations, etc... Our main priority is to clean your home consistently and with the quality you demand, and we have systems in place to ensure this. The team members we send to your home are always DUST AND MOP HOUSE CLEANING employees and extensively trained on our cleaning systems. If you choose to skip or extend your cleaning to wait for a specific cleaner; fees will be charged. Any solicitation of DUST AND MOP HOUSE CLEANING for outside employment is a direct violation of this agreement and our terms of service and an employment finder fee of up to 6 months' wages will be assessed. In addition, all employees sign a non-compete and non-solicit agreement with DUST AND MOP HOUSE CLEANING. We hold our customers and our employees to high ethical standards.
- OFFICE HOURS: Our office is open M-F 7:30 AM to 4:30 PM. Text and Voicemail is available after hours. Email is monitored after hours and is often the best way to reach us outside of office hours.
- EQUIPMENT AND SUPPLIES: To ensure the best cleaning experience, we request that a vacuum is provided by the customer. While our Cleaning Pros can use their own equipment if preferred, we strongly encourage the use of your vacuum for sanitation purposes. Our cleaners do carry a vacuum should your vacuum break, however, it should be replaced prior to the next cleaning. Please note, the use of Rainbow Vacuums is not permitted due to their heavier build. Additionally, please ensure a toilet brush is provided at each toilet if you wish the interior bowl to be cleaned. We provide all other equipment and supplies to clean your home.
- DAMAGES & BREAKAGE: From time to time small items will be knocked off a shelf when dusting, etc… We will provide a credit for future services for incidental damages up to $200. Above that, you will need to file a claim with your homeowners' insurance for damages caused by the routine nature of the cleaning. Damages due to negligence or malpractice on our part will be handled by our insurance provider. We have a no punishment policy for breakage with our employees. This means that our employees are never punished for reporting breakage. In addition, we will only use DUST AND MOP HOUSE CLEANING-approved products for cleaning your home. If you ask that we use your product, you assume all liability responsibility for any damage to your home caused by your products. Please remove expensive figurines or irreplaceable items to a location we do not clean or have us skip that area if you do not wish to accept the risk. Breakage values over $25 must be verified before replacement, please save the broken item for our inspection and/or repair.
- SECURING ITEMS IN HOME & NORMAL WEAR AND TEAR: Homes are lived in and like anything else they begin to break down. We cannot be responsible for items that break during normal usage, installed improperly and/or are not properly secured. For example, blinds broken while cleaning, vacuum breakage, handles/faucets falling off or breaking, items not properly secured, etc.
- 100% GUARANTEE and QUALITY CONTROL: We have a 100% guarantee. Our office must be contacted within 24 hours of your cleaning being completed. If you fail to contact us within 24 hours, we are unable to give a 100% guarantee. If it is within 24 hours, you must allow our team back into your home to correct any items missed, to qualify for our 100% guarantee. Our teams are quality inspected by management on a regular basis. They may enter your home after the team leaves. These inspections ensure the highest quality standards. We cannot guarantee mini blind cleaning. Excessive build up may require a professional blind cleaning service.
- ARRIVAL TIME: Our team cleans from 8 AM to 5 PM. Occasionally they may need to stay past 5 PM to finish the job. We can not guarantee an exact time for your visit but we do offer a window of arrival time of 8:00 am - 10:00 am for morning appointments and 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm for afternoon appointments.
- TRAINING: We are a small business and we want customers who support us in providing top notch service. Training is necessary and essential. All customers must agree to allow trainers with trainees into your home without us having to provide any notice. Should you wish to not have a trainee in your home, you must notify us (via text, phone or email) prior to 48 business hours before your cleaning. Should you turn away a trainer with a trainee on your regular scheduled cleaning day, you will still be charged the full amount of the cleaning.
- CLUTTER: We do ask that you provide us with a clutter-free environment. If that is not the case, we may not be able to clean your home in the allotted time, or extra charges may be applied if you approve.
- SAFETY: Insurance and safety issues prohibit our teams from moving heavy objects or standing on furniture. Our staff is required to wear their own shoes when cleaning your home. Their shoes cannot be removed for safety reasons. We also prohibit our staff from handling any biohazards, including pet or human fluids, rodent feces, mold, etc… We also are only able to use up to a 2 step ladder in your home to clean. That does limit our ability to clean some spaces in homes.
- SECURITY ALARMS: If your home has a security alarm, please ensure that it is turned off on the day of your scheduled clean. You may also provide us with the code and steps necessary to turn off your alarm. We will reset the alarm when we leave. However, we will not be held responsible for alarms set off by mistake.
- PETS: If you have pets, please secure and pick up after them. For sanitary and safety issues our teams are not permitted to clean flea infested homes or pick up animal excrement. We will not clean if our team members feel they are in danger due to your dog or other animals.
- RESCHEDULING: There may be times when the weather makes it unsafe for us to travel and carry equipment and supplies to your home. Driveways must be clear and accessible. Holidays may necessitate a schedule change. These will be the only reasons that we do not complete a clean on your scheduled day. We appreciate your understanding in these circumstances.
- PAYMENT POLICY: Payment is due on the day of each scheduled cleaning. We require a credit card to be on file that will be billed upon completion of service. We do not accept cash or check for payment
- SALES TAX: No sales tax is required on cleaning services in North Carolina.
- LATE FEE: If your credit card is declined and we do not receive payment within 3 business days of your cleaning a $10 convenience fee will be added to your cleaning. If payment is not received within 30 days we will assess a $35 late fee to your account. Each month thereafter that the account is past due, an additional $35 late fee will be assessed to your account. After 90 days late, accounts will be referred to an outside collection agency.
- SKIP FEE: We encourage our customer to reschedule a cleaning, rather than skip. In the event that you cancel or skip a scheduled cleaning you will be assessed the following skip fees for different frequencies of service. Dust and Mop offers discounted cleanings for recurring service. We do this to provide our customers with a consistent day and time. This also allows our staff to have a steady schedule with predictable income. In addition, the skip fee is applied to add extra time and compensate the cleaner for additional time.
Weekly - $10 (Receive 2 FREE skips per 12 months)
Bi-weekly - $25 (Receive 1 FREE skip per 12 months)
Monthly - $50* (Skip fees apply to ALL Monthly Cleanings)
*Please note that Monthly customers who skip 2 cleanings in a row will be charged for a non-discounted Initial Cleaning on their next cleaning.
- CANCELLATION - If you cancel service with less than 48 business hours notice, you will still be charged the full amount of the cleaning visit or $150 whichever is greater, and no reschedule will be due. If your cleaning is scheduled for Monday, we request notice of cancellation by 9 a.m. the Friday prior to your appointment.
- LOCKOUT FEE/HOME ACCESS: Your home must be accessible to our teams. Our cleaners do not take or hold customers keys. If the team is unable to enter your home (double-bolt locks, animals not contained, or is turned away at the door) there will be a lockout fee assessed to equal the regular cleaning price.
- SUSPENSION OF SERVICE: If any of the above fees have not been paid your service will be suspended until all fees have been paid in full. If service is suspended and you have not paid in full within 30 days we will consider you to have terminated service.
- COLLECTION OF FEES: In addition to any amounts owed to DUST AND MOP HOUSE CLEANING, you agree to be responsible for all reasonable collection and attorney’s fees we incur to bring your account current.
- CANCELING YOUR SERVICE: It is agreed that this an at-will relationship no contract term is implied. Services may be canceled at any time and no contract is implied. To avoid cancellation charges at least two full business day's notice is required.
- All Cleanings - Additional services available (Fees Apply) and approved by office
- Clean inside of refrigerator-$60 (freezer must be empty to clean)
- Clean inside of oven - $60
- Clean interior side of windows - $2 per window
- Changing Sheets- $15 per bed per service
- Vacuuming Sofa- $20 per sofa
- Vacuuming Loveseat - $10 per sofa
- Vacuum Chair - $5 per chair
- Edging of carpets- $10 per service
- Screened In Porches (must provide broom and cloths)
- All Cleanings - What we do NOT do in a customer's home.
Please note that we do ask our customers to have their floors, countertop cleared of excessive items, etc. picked up prior to the cleaning. If those areas are not picked up, we would just do our best to work around them.
- Move Furniture
- Dishes (dishes will be placed back in sink after sink is cleaned)
- Load dishwasher
- Climb on or change sheets on Bunk Beds (we will do the best we can to make them from the floor)
- Any outdoor areas (front porches, patios, etc.)
- Go higher than a 2 foot step ladder
- Clean litter boxes
- Clean up any biohazard waste, human or animal (urine, feces, blood, etc.)
- If a toilet brush is not left by each toilet we will skip cleaning the inside of the bowl
- Pickup dirty laundry from floors